- Our cruise was arranged by our favourite organizer, Mason Dansereau of
A bottle of wine was waiting in our balcony cabin.
- The wavy, crazy cabin was interesting and the peek-a-boo shower was no problem:
Alas, you could only see a shadow - that's all.
- The EPIC was HUGE, with miles of casino, acres of buffet, great food choices, delightful entertainment, phenomenal water slides
and kilometres to walk.
You work up an appetite just getting to one of the 21 places to eat.
We did the Garden cafe, Taste, the Manhattan, O'Sheehan's, Great Outdoors ... but none that charged extra.
- Our cabin in the stern shuddered from the propulsion system and the noise of ejected water was deafening if we sat on the balcony.
(Listen to the start of the video, below ... communicating by cellphone was required.)
- Our happy and friendly cabin steward, Nengah, was from Bali. We talked of our trip to Bali and he showed us photos of his wife and three children.
It'll be a total of ten months before he sees them again.
- Sitting at anchor among the elegant ships from Carnival, Disney, Celebrity, Royal Caribbean ... the EPIC looked like a floating apartment building.
In a word: ugly ... but interesting, eh?
- All in all, it was a great cruise - though we prefer the smaller NCL Gem, Jewel, Dawn etc.
While driving home from the airport, Heidi phoned the doggie-sitters.
According to the sitters, Sandy heard Heidi on their speakerphone and started barking.
Then he ran to the front door and sat ... waiting for Heidi.
Do I get dogs waiting for me? NO!
Blue Man Group
an EPIC video